Their canvases were not restricted to what made their livelihood back in the 90’s, but also what made them acquire notoriety. These five supermodels were on constant display on TV screens, billboards, ad campaigns and magazine covers alike, and with their own set of diverse looks and individual personalities, they were the it-models that made it big. These women not only reigned the fashion scene with their own unique appearances, but they were also the ones who brought the word “supermodel” to life.
In the 90’s, Evangelista was the ultimate beauty chameleon when it came to hair. The bob cut that literally paved the way for a successful modelling career remained her signature hair style. Only thing updated was the length and colour of it, ranging from black and platinum blonde to caramel brown and bright red.
For that boyishly sexy and ruffled texture, apply Bumble and bumble Texture Hair Undressing Creme and comb it through the hair before drying. That tousled, undone effect can be styled and maintained for days with Rahua Voluminous Dry Shampoo. If a sleek bob is more appealing, try Shea Hair Cream from Hamadi Organics. This nourishing styling product has been Linda’s go-to hair styling essential for over a decade.
A pretty smile, sky blue eyes and shiny blonde waves made this German beauty quickly gain supermodel status. Schiffer has always been a natural beauty, keeping makeup to the minimum besides from her signature kohl-rimmed eyes combined with perfect brows and natural lips.
- Keep the base fresh and natural by using It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream
- Fill in and define eyebrows with Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil for a naturally fuller effect and density
- Frame the under eye and eye lid with Christian Louboutin Velvet Definer for that sultry and intense Schiffer eye look
- Shape the lips with Marc Jacobs Beauty Poutliner Longwear Lipliner Pencil in Nude(ist) for that pillowy pout, followed by putting on bareMinerals Gen Nude Radiant Lipstick in Controversy
Naomi’s exotic looks have grazed hundreds of covers, with highlights in her career being the first ever black model to appear on the covers of British and French Vogue. Her hip-grazing, raven black mane that could fool anyone into thinking it’s made from the smoothest of satins, is the look that gained her iconic status.
Achieve those high-maintenance, straight lengths by using ghd Classic 1 Inch Styler followed by Ouai Hair Oil to beat the frizz out of the hair, leaving it with a super glossy finish. Additionally, Jen Atkin advises to double up on hydration by using the oil as a nourishing overnight mask. Simply work it in before bed time and rinse in the morning.
The American super model’s birthmark above her upper lip might be her signature beauty mark, but her voluminous waves, flawless skin and mesmerizing eye look are a lot easier to recreate.
In order to get Crawford’s full-on glamorous locks, it’s best to drop by a blowout bar. To make it last for up to three days, the super model uses Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray, which builds an incredible volume and sultry texture.
Her Makeup Must-Haves
- Guerlain Terracotta Skin Cream Powder Foundation to perfect skin with a sheer coverage and a healthy-looking glow
- Then, she adds a fresh tint to her cheeks with Josie Maran Argan Color Stick followed by Meaningful Beauty Glowing Serum for an intensified dewy complexion
- Crawford is also delighted with Charlotte Tilbury Color-Coded Luxury Eyeshadow Palette, The Sophisticate. The soft and neutral, yet richly-pigmented shadows make for hypnotizing eyes by day or night.
No one embraces the minimalistic approach to makeup quite as Turlington. She is a firm believer of the ‘less is more’ statement, taking good care of her skin and sticking to a simple makeup look consisting of a solid concealer, full-effect mascara and nude lipstick; a fail-proof combo that is.
- Cover unwanted under eye circles and stubborn blemishes with Milk Makeup Flex Concealer
- Achieve ultra-thick lashes with dramatic volume by applying Dior Diorshow Pump ‘N’ Volume Mascara
- Nail the delicate nude lip look with YSL Rouge Pur Couture in Rouge Bergamasque